Wednesday 2 October 2013

Reflection....

Earlier today, I had been reading the module 1 handbook, and as others have said I think I will have to read it a good few more times to get my head around the tasks.
If anyone would be sympathetic and helpful enough to explain where I am to write my profile? Perhaps I am being a little 'sandwich short of a picnic' and I bet it's really simple, but I'm a little unsure.

I have read a couple of blogs today and one which struck out to me mentioned about the Induction day on the 24th of September. We were asked to look at a newspaper each and to find something that got our attention, being a photo or title etc. Mine was a drawing of a man looking very glum sat in a 'Memories erased' centre. It was about the government choices in the past, and obviously the man wanted to erase all of his past memories of these governments' actions. It made me remember stuff that has happened in my past which I would love to erase from my own memory, but remembering that very famous phrase; 'everything happens for a reason.' We can either learn from these memories or continue to suffer within them and not move forward. The bad memories are there for each individual to alter to a positive memory in their minds. These bad things happen to help us to become better people and to encourage and help others who may experience something similar. Depending on the memory they can help to prevent future mistakes.

Onwards from the rather dreary thoughts above, it just amazes me how such things like photos, pictures, music and visuals trigger some of the best and worst memories in our minds. Most of the time I bypass the stuff that may trigger off a bad memory and I remember the best times instead. So rather me reflecting deeply on the bad memory I make myself remember the good and best of times.
Perhaps I am the only one that does this, but I think it's something I've learnt to do over time.
I'd like to know how others deal with these things?

On a more positive note, I have recently choreographed a routine to 'Blame it on the boogie' by Michael Jackson for my year 1 dance class on a saturday. The reason I chose this song was because it reminded me of the time I was at that age and I use to dance around my living room to it. It's a great hit and really makes me happy inside, just like it did when I was 5 years old. The kids seem to love it too.

Will post again soon...   ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberley,


    I am apart of this years BAPP course I wasn't able to meet any of you due to work commitments so... hey i'm Beth :)
    don't worry I am still trying to understand the tasks that are set...
    1a is pretty clear I think?! to blog your cv and then take on comments from others to adjust it and make it a clearer view of yourself. - having said that i'm sure theres more to it?
    Something that has helped me is reading blogs from past students who have completed the BAPP course. Its nice to see the path different people went down when completing the task and its also good to see that your not the only person who feels confused!! :)

    Thanks!
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth. :) I think we actually have to write out our CV in our 'About me' section on our blog, and then we can blog about others and comment on others on their blog. I do hope I'm right? I've done a short idea on my first blog but I am going to be more precise on my about me section.
      Thank you for the advice too. I will try to find other people's blogs from previous years etc.

      Things will be a little confusing for a while haha.

      Kim x

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimberly

    I wrote a blog about how to add an 'about me' section today. Here's the http://www.napatnoon.blogspot.com/2013/10/editing-about-me.html - maybe this will help?

    I noticed on someone else's blog that I was not able to click on the link within the text, so if that's the case and you think it's going to be helpful you could copy and past it into your browser.

    Take care

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) You are very kind. I'm sure it will help me a lot.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kimberly,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog about reflection. I feel the same as you try and remember the positive from a negative situation. Images trigger lots of memories for me I discovered this creating my photo album for task 1d. Each picture I chose brought me back to how I felt when it was taken and it made me realise how much I've developed as a performer and working professional.

    I also find music; in particular songs bring back a flood of memories for me, if it be remembering dancing with my friends, emotional memories, sad memories or mile stones of achievement. My fiancé and I love music and trying to find a song we want for our first dance to at our wedding is hard work, so we've decided to have a compilation of songs that bring back happy memories of time spent together with friends and family.

    Relating back to your blog, when I teaching singing I choose songs that I really like or that I have very fond memories of e.g. I'm putting together a 'Seasons of Love' arrangement from Rent. I've always loved this song from when I played the role of 'Maureen' in college. I want to try and adapt it for my kids Christmas show in Dec.

    Your profile is very detailed and informative it's given me ideas how to improve mine for task 1a.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog I appreciate your help, look forward to more.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberley,

    Your profile is the ‘About Me’ section under your photo. Your an always create a post as well.

    It is great that you have commented to other peoples’ posts. Keep working on the tasks and try to make sense of what you are doing, and to assess other ways of doing things, to explore what may be better ways.

    It is fine to have fears and concerns, but try and use the Blog as a way of evaluating your actions, and analysing the world around you. This does not reject feelings; rather it uses our imagination to make better and more useful sense of the world.
    A good exercise is to look at how others are tackling the tasks and ask yourself, which are the best. Look at your own and be clear about the good qualities you bring to your evaluations and analysis.

    Great start, keep posting and commenting!

    ReplyDelete