Thursday 26 September 2013

To defy the fear of blogging is to start blogging...

Hello...
I am definitely nervous about writing my first blog, but here it is...

I shall start with a few bits and bobs about myself; I have been dancing and singing from a very early age and have moved from dance school to dance school in the matter of 5 years experiencing different dance styles and syllabi. In 2005 I landed a place at Laine Theatre Arts where I trained for 3 years in Musical Theatre. I then went on to my first job working for P&O Cruises as a dancer which was an absolutely amazing experience of which I will cherish forever. Since then I have worked in Cyprus, Israel and also performed in Dirty Dancing meets Grease at the Britannia Pier Theatre in Great Yarmouth. I've also done a bit of television extra work.
My present focus is now my future in teaching as I have always wanted to set up my own dance/performing arts school being that I am a very enthusiastic choreographer and enjoy working with children. It is also due to the fact that my entire family are teachers and are all very musical.
So what do I want to gain from the BAPP course? To begin with I really only wanted to turn my trinity diploma into a degree and to go on to doing a PGCE. Plain and simple. Now I've realized from the induction that I will be gaining a lot more than just a degree (as long as I succeed of course). I am very certain that this course will help me tremendously in producing my own little dance school in the future (or big depending on how successful I am).
As to thoroughly understanding the modules I am still a bit confused but I am sure over time it will all come together.

Pheeeew right....that'll do for now. Will be blogging again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great first Blog, i bet we will look back by the end and wonder what the fuss was about (i hope!) I agree with what you said about how we will be gaining a lot more than just a degree! Feel free to comment on my blog and let me know how it can be improved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley,

    It is daunting to start anything new. I think the best two things you can do is firstly read the materials and make notes to ensure you have understood the tasks etc. Ask questions if you are unsure. Secondly, create your network so you have your support system. I'm part of your system, as is Heather now! but broaden it by commenting to other Blogs so people follow you and can help you.

    Welcome to BAPP Arts

    ReplyDelete