Monday 14 October 2013

The CV confusion...

Right, so after being very confused about uploading my CV, I have read recent blog posts that have clarified that that wasn't necessary. So pheeeew. Confusion over.
Please check out my CV/profile, and I shall be commenting on your lovely profile's soon. I know mine needs some improvement, so comments, good or bad, I will much appreciate.
My next step is to read the 'REEEADER'....(said in a spooky voice; which I think is quite appropriate being halloween soon and lets be honest the Reader is a little scary) Hence forward to Flickr which I have started, but need to add a few more bits and bobs.

Take care to all fellow students. x

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kimberley!! I have enjoyed reading your CV. I feel you have included lots of information explaining certain jobs and qualifications. I see that it is very long and I wonder how you would shorten it? When using your professional work CV, do you include all of your credits and qualifications or do you just use the most recent/valuable to help you to get jobs.
    I also need to do the 'REEEEEADDDERRR' part of task 1 but have chosen to do my filckr and video first! speak soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thanks. I shall see what I can do to shorten it. It does look rather big haha.
      I have just read the REEEEADER and I'm glad I did, as I'd rather get that out of the way.
      I tend to highlight the most valuable parts but I do put everything into it yes.
      Enjoy crafting out your video and flickr pictures.
      Take care x

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimberly!

    You've done so much! And I think you've done a good job here. However I think your profile seems quite long though? Maybe look at it again and see what is essential information, and what is an embellishment on top? On your Google+ you have a section where you could put more detailed information about each job. You've also said a lot how 'fun' something was or 'what a great experience' it was and I completely agree! But maybe this could come as a section at the end of your 'about me' profile instead of commenting on it all the way through?

    A final thought 'I do have a few other skills' sounds to be like you are completely underselling yourself! You worked hard to gain those skills, I'm sure!

    Hope this helps

    Take care

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan.
      That is great. Thank you for all the tips! It is indeed very long and I shall get on to shortening it.
      I will take out the less valuable parts but I will be adding some teaching stuff too as I've done my Performance CV information only.
      Thanks again and take care.
      x

      Delete