Monday 21 October 2013

Task 1D Flickr...

So for this task I decided to put my photos into sets (to make is less confusing for you folks).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/104902645@N04/sets/72157636387268303/
So my first set is of the actual show in Israel. The reason why I have set this apart from my 'behind the scenes' Israel photos I will explain in a bit.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/104902645@N04/sets/72157636687237793/
Above is the link for the behind the scenes of Israel.

So the reason I have set these photos apart is basically due to 'Happiness'.
It's unfortunate to say that I really had a hard time out in Israel. I was homesick, quite lonely and I sadly didn't have a lot in common with my fellow performers. The photos are incredibly deceiving as I look quite happy, don't I? 
As performers we learn to put on a face and keep plodding on (a quote my Nanna uses a lot) and in some ways it's quite sad but very convenient at the same time. In every career you have to put on a face and carry on, and some find it very hard to do so, but as performers we have that benefit to just 'face the music and dance' so to speak.
My photos of the shows in Israel were my happy times. I absolutely love performing and I would look forward to this every day. The show is what got me through the seven months out there. It was my haven and of course the main reason why I was there.
It's the love of performing that makes us want to go in to that profession isn't it? The same with most jobs, but I believe that some jobs, no matter how enjoyable, people wouldn't do unless they got paid. I would perform paid or unpaid.

My other two sets are of my 'behind the scenes' of the Oceana and Dirty dancing meets Grease.
In these photos I was genuinely happy and had the time of my life! I got on with my fellow performers and didn't feel at all lonely, and again I absolutely loved the shows!
Don't worry there aren't hundreds of photos in each set, 28 max in one set. ha ha.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/104902645@N04/sets/72157636580828504/  <- Oceana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/104902645@N04/sets/72157636687651194/  <- DDMGrease

Photos are vital in the great wide web. They can either show proof or fakery. They get people talking and debating. In social networking today, we are constantly uploading our photos to hope for 'likes' and comments on Facebook. Flickr, facebook and instagram are all good ways to save memories (in case your laptop gives up the ghost). Like it mentions in the Reader, these sites can be used on any device, and not glued to just one device. The wonderful world of Web 2.0 gives us this great privilege to look wherever, share wherever and spy on our friends wherever. ha ha.
Images and any type of audio visual are vital in social media today as people are more drawn to pages or websites that have photos, paintings, drawings etc or youtube clips. It strikes peoples' attention, whereas a page with just plain text will most likely be overlooked. For example, on facebook, on the home page you tend to get more comments on photos or youtube posts because they show up bigger than just status' etc. Images are memorable, hence will be talked about and thought about for longer. For each individual, personal storytelling, with the use of images and videos can help them to reflect back on their pasts. The images I've used above from my work in Israel definitely help me reflect. Even the use of other peoples' digital storytelling can trigger memories of our own. So all in all, the use of images are by far the best way to win attention and recognition.
So with that in mind here is a photo of the big Me to You bear that my other half gave me the day I came back from Israel. I will never forget the reason for this big loving gesture from the image and of course the teddy itself, as I was home at last and it so happened to be on Valentines day.

'Keeeep blogging'
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment