Monday 18 November 2013

Task 2B Journal writing experience

After trying out all of the suggestions given on different writing styles and ways of thinking and reflecting, I have only adopted one more into what I originally did which was just using the Kolb's learning cycle as a base to write out my thoughts. I do believe that I enter on the 'having a concrete experience', so what I believe is the beginning of the cycle.
So, which one did I adopt? I adopted 'Another view'. I really enjoyed writing this way as it made me think as another person looking at me in my day. It made me more critical about myself (which already I am my own best teacher,) so this style advances my skills on this. It really helped me reflect better and made me point out parts of my day which I probably wouldn't have wanted to write down, mainly because I wouldn't have thought of them quite as important as perhaps another person would. It gives more depth in my reflective writing and definitely helps me a lot more.
In my original way of writing my journal I use a bit of 'Description', 'Evaluation' and 'What if?' anyway, so I don't feel comfortable just using these methods by themselves, I always merge them all, as it benefits me and my reflection greater than by themselves. This is how my mind works within my journal:
  • I write about what I did in as much detail as I can.
  • I then write down what I think went wrong and what went right and what if?
  • I then merge in from another point of view to be that extra bit critical on myself.
  • I think of the things that might have worked better and would be better for the future.
  • I then write down what I should try.
'Graphs, charts and diagrams' definitely didn't work for me but I'm glad I gave it a go thanks to some advice. I went along the lines of the chart ranking graph for Chronicle. See link below.

This has definitely been an experience and a successful one too. I'll probably be "journal-ing" about it tonight. 

'Keeeeep blogging'

http://www.topappcharts.com/371886793/app-details-chronicle-for-ipad-a-personal-journal.php

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberley,

    It's great to see where your at with your journal writing :) one thing that stood out to me was the strong opinion you had on merging different writing approaches together! That's great an stick to it! I'm going to attempt this as I need thought of using a technique like that.

    Prehaps showing some views of your diagrams (not personal ones) but maybe the way of thinking you had when writing your journal each day.

    Also remember when we go to write our critical reflection essay we need appendix's to support our inquiry's. So maybe by showing diagrams and more information on how styles influenced you could help you in the future? Just a thought :)

    Great read x

    ReplyDelete