Tuesday 5 November 2013

Task 2B firstly...

Hi pepes...

So I've been having a think about which suggestions to try in this section, and I've decided on all except 'Description' and 'Graphs, charts and diagrams'.
I know that I've mentioned about being a visual learner, so you'd think that the diagrams options would appeal to me, but it doesn't. I think when it comes to my thoughts, I'd rather be pretty thorough about my day with my own writing and I can easily look up on this. I'm a real deep thinker. It's different from trying to learn something written down by somebody else, I mean with my journal; I wrote it, It was my idea to write it and it's my mind, therefore it's not hard to just sit down, read and recap on my own thoughts as it would be to read somebody else's. I might try the 'diagrams' option just out of curiosity. I may very well surprise myself. It's all about developing and learning after all.
Being a deep thinker and having quite a logic to my thinking, the 'description' suggestion didn't appeal to me either. It's just; this is it, this is where and this is when. It isn't profound enough for me to get on making improvements.


Emma Prices' blog helped me to think of something else to try. I will try using different coloured pens for different parts of my thinking. I think it could make it even easier to sum things up.
Will update in a week or so on how I got on and what my desired way of writing is.

'Keeeeep blogging'



3 comments:

  1. Hey Kimberly,

    Just reading this blog something flags up. Personal I feel it's really important to try out something before you cross it off the list of stuff that works for you.

    I see you say " I've decided on all expect "description and diagrams, charts etc" - just a small bit advice ( take it it leave it) but I think if you try just one time you may find that this technique does work for you :)


    Just a thought, because I used to give up at something before I had started so I disaplined myself to just try something and if it dosent work then that's okay "trial and error"

    Great blog

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberley,

    I agree with bethany on this about at least giving it a try! Only because I have learnt from experience this week. Graphs and diagrams was one of the tecniques I was thinking ' how am I going to go about it?' I tried a diagram to reflect on my driving lesson and it turned out to be really beneficial, looking back on it was quick, easy and simple to re-call the event and take the most important bits of reflection from it instead of writing about my whole day!

    I think you should definitely try it, let me know how you get on.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok
    I will take both of your advice and try it. Will give it a go tomorrow.

    Thanks
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete