Tuesday 13 May 2014

Task 6C



BA (Honours) Professional Practice (Dance)

I’ve chosen ‘Dance’ as my award title. I have been dancing since the age of three and have experienced a lot of dance teaching styles from the variety of dance teachers who have taught me. I’ve found this very beneficial because of my aspirations to become a dance teacher. I’ve always had a good eye for technique and performance, but I’ve never been able to grasp some of the deeper aspects of teaching such as encouraging confidence in youngsters. I’ve finally made a start with my dance teaching career and teach a variety of age groups at my workplace, but there’s the issue of building my students’ confidence. Referring to my questions I’ve come up with for my inquiry, dance is very much at the heart of every question. Although at the start of the module I had come up with teaching questions too, I hadn’t thought about how much more beneficial the dance teaching questions would be. I hope to do my PGCE in teaching, so through that I believe a lot of the questions would be answered. There are dance teacher qualifications to gain in my future but they are for being able to put students through exams. I’ve never aspired to be a dance teacher in a school but my goal is to have my own dance school and do supply teaching. Dance is very important to me, not only because of my experiences but because I love how it makes me feel and how I can express myself through it. This is not just in performing but in choreography and teaching. I’ve definitely found my own dance teaching style, but the encouraging of confidence and other aspects of dance I am very inexperienced in. 


'Keeeeeeep blogging'

No comments:

Post a Comment